July 27, 2005

Beginnings

I never thought David Irving would ever reply to my email; in it, I made comments about his libel suit against Prof. Lipstadt (which he lost) and his denial of the Holocaust. But he did reply. And so did I to his reply. Soon after, he announced he would post our email exchange on his website, and before I knew it I was being bombarded with emails left and right. Nothing friendly about those emails either.

I ask - how does it happen? How does one subscribe to these theories? Are these people normal? Upon reflection, I must say - this is not merely a difference of opinions. This is full rejection of historical evidence. It is blatant. And for that matter, what leads one to any sort of racist view, to develop anti-Semitic behavior and other fascist malladies? It is a mystery to me.

For more info on Irving, there is always Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving