August 3, 2006

MORE NERVE...

Every bit of news on Israel latey has been extremely painful. I have not been able to read one single article without getting angry at the way the conflict in the Israeli borders is being treated by the media - among other things. Consequently, I have been associating following the news with agony. I have been staying away from newspapers because, frankly, it hurts.

But, it is impossible to completely escape what's happening, and I am just too emotionally connected. Today I was reading the NY Times and I got mad again. This time, the object of my anger was this statement by Hussein Rahal, Hezbollah's chief spokesman (let's face it, it would ineffective to try and apply political correctedness here by referring to him as spokesperson - as if Hezbollah would ever have a woman in that position). See below:

“Declaring a cease-fire is not the concern of the people of Lebanon as long as there is one Israeli soldier on Lebanese soil. It is the right of every Lebanese to fight until liberation.”

What can he possibly mean? First, Hezbollah and Lebanon are not interchangeable terms. It is baffling how Hezbollah is acting as if its goals were representative of those of the Lebanese population. Why can't anyone see what Hezbollah is doing to Lebanon? Secondly, liberation from what? Israelis re-entered Lebanon in response to Hezbollah's latest aggression; other than that, Israelis had left Lebanon in 2000 (a great "victory" in Hezbollah's eyes). I keep forgetting that these are people who believe in their own lies.

The nerve. Really. This conflict is costing me my health. I hold these Hezbollah creeps responsible. Bunch of lunatic hypocritical fanatics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wtf? How can anyone not see what Hezbollah is doing to Libanon? I'm European and Israel attacked a power plant that now leaked thousands of tons of oil into the sea. Now we could do something about that but Israel enforces a sea blockade and stops food and fuel going into Libanon (which again like everything Israel did in Libabon does, as you obviously recognized, NOTHING to further Israel's goals). So now the beaches of Greece and Italy are threatened by oil pollution... and you tell me that of course its not the Israelis that I should blame for shooting like the crazy idiots that they are, but a few Hezbollah types, that represent no real threat to Israel's borders.

By your idiot logic, Europe would be justified to attack the United States because there are lots of white supremacists in your country and how could anyone ignore the enormous threat they are for us Polish people? They are even welcome in some of your communities so obviously they illegally hide within civilian structures!

Shut up, you disgust me.

Gisela said...

Hi there: if you want to come to my blog and be rude to me, then at least have the decency to identify yourself as opposed to hiding behind some anonymous crap. And also do a little homework before you leave comments because for starters I am not American. Secondly, you are obviously not paying attention to any news report other than oil spills and the like: Hezbollah has inflicted quite a considerable damage to Israel this time, with long-range rockets reaching as inland as Nazareth (btw, an Arab city for the most part).

Visiting other people's blogs and being plain out rude like you were will get you nowhere. Calling me names will only make me delete your next comment, I don't care if you are the Polish president, the British PM or the Pope.

Now, after you calm down, and if you still want to engage in civilized, adult debate, feel free to come back (which I doubt, since you can't even spell right, but according to you I am the idiot).

If not, get lost, you creep. And for the record, since this is my blog, you are a little out of place telling me to shut up.